In 2014, we donned waders and made waves, working hard to protect our local Headwaters through educational workshops, public outreach and citizen science.
– Another successful Summer Splash to celebrate the Lake as a community gathering place and resource!
– Over 150 visitors were captivated by our Lake trivia and watershed model at our Kinsmen Beach booth
– 15 volunteers joined us on the Lake through our interactive citizen science monitoring program
– We published 12 Lake Windermere ‘Pulse Checks’ and 16 timely educational articles in local newspapers
– Residents relieved local shoreline habitats of litter through the Great Canadian Shoreline Clean-up
– With the help of David Thompson Secondary School, we painted stormwater drains with Yellow Fish to raise awareness about preventing contaminants from entering our Lake through run-off
– We organized watershed tours in the Columbia Headwaters Watershed
Lake Windermere Ambassadors Society is a charitable organization and our programs are community-driven. Become a member to help steer water quality monitoring, educational initiatives and lake stewardship activities for our community.
Renew my membership for 2015!
– Participate in your community
– Share input into our programs
– Receive news on upcoming events
– Vote on our Board and attend AGM
– Help support a responsible lake-based recreation ethic in the Columbia Headwaters for years to come.
With sincere gratitude,
Lake Windermere Ambassadors Society