The Lake Windermere Ambassadors are a community-based environmental stewardship NGO working in the East Kootenay region of BC. The Ambassadors have a vision of an ecologically healthy Lake Windermere with balanced management approaches that support recreation and traditional uses, high fish and wildlife values, and economic prosperity in the region. The Lake Windermere Ambassadors are currently leading lake water quality monitoring and conducting water-related education and stewardship programs. They also encourage the implementation of policies & guidelines in the Lake Windermere Management Plan in their appointed role as Lake Management Committee.
The Ambassadors are seeking an experienced and skilled grant writer to assist us in securing funding for our initiatives. We are excited to announce this opportunity and invite you to submit a quote for your grant writing services.
Scope of Work: The grant writer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Research and Identification: Conduct comprehensive research to identify grant opportunities that align with our organization’s mission and programs. This includes identifying government, foundation, and corporate grants that may be available to support our initiatives.
- Grant Proposal Development: Collaborate with our team to develop compelling and persuasive grant proposals. This includes writing, editing, and formatting grant proposals to meet the requirements of various funding sources. The grant writer will be responsible for ensuring the proposals are tailored to the specific guidelines and objectives outlined by each grantor.
- Grant Application Submission: Prepare and submit grant applications on behalf of our organization, adhering to each grantor’s guidelines and deadlines. This includes assembling all necessary documents, attachments, and supporting materials required for a complete submission.
- Grant Reporting and Documentation: Assist with grant reporting and compliance requirements as necessary, including monitoring grant timelines, tracking expenditures, and preparing progress reports or other documentation required by the grantor.
Requirements: We are seeking a grant writer who possesses the following qualifications:
- Proven Experience: Demonstrated experience in successfully securing grants for non-profit organizations. Please provide examples of past successful grant applications or grants obtained.
- Strong Writing Skills: Excellent written communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner. The grant writer should have experience in crafting compelling narratives and persuasive arguments.
- Research Proficiency: Proficient in conducting thorough research to identify appropriate grant opportunities and understand the requirements of potential funding sources.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy and compliance with grant guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Time Management: Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work efficiently to meet grant application and reporting timelines.
Submission Details: Interested parties are requested to provide the following information:
- Company/Organization Profile: Briefly describe your company or organization, including relevant experience working with non-profits and your success rate in securing grants.
- Portfolio: Provide examples of successful grant proposals or grants obtained in the past, highlighting the amount of funding secured and the funding source.
- Approach and Methodology: Outline your approach to grant writing, including your research strategies, writing process, and how you ensure compliance with grant guidelines.
- Estimated Quote: Provide a detailed quote for your grant writing services, including any applicable fees or hourly rates. Please specify if there are any additional costs such as travel expenses or other disbursements.
Submission Deadline: All quotes must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 25, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered.
Evaluation and Selection Process: Our selection committee will review all submitted quotes based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience and success in securing grants for non-profit organizations.
- Quality of past grant proposals and grants obtained.
- Approach and methodology for grant writing.
- Cost-effectiveness and overall value.
We reserve the right to request additional information or schedule interviews with shortlisted candidates.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our organization’s mission. We look forward to reviewing your quote and discussing the possibility of working together to secure vital funding for our initiatives.